A) Back of the House Management:
Ensure food safety and presentation by ensuring procedures are followed and equipment is in operating order.
- Lead and enforce Food Safety- Kitchen staff utilizing hair nets, gloves, proper cooking temperatures, proper holding temperatures and proper equipment temperatures.
- Monitor daily prep sheets, assist morning prep cooks with properly filling out sheets and cross referencing that items on the sheets are completed.
- Operational troubleshooting (equipment)
- Maintaining a cleaning schedule for the kitchen staff to follow weekly
- Communicating to the maintenance staff what preventative maintenance needs to be completed
- Preparing the weekly schedule for the kitchen staff, setting par levels for staffing based on projected sales
- Ordering and Inventory
B) Food Expeditor:
- Leading the Back of the House staff from the expeditor window. Being the link between Front and Back of the House staff.
- Ensure kitchen procedures are consistently followed, orders are completed timely, food
- plates are clean, not sloppy. All special requests have been met per ticket.
- Rectify food issues before they go to the customer, make sure floor manager is aware of any issues regarding customers food and where issue began.
- Maintain control of the expediting area, food runner(s) under your direction.
- Keep servers alerted to any issues with their orders, keep floor manager aware of how any ticket that was messed up and how it was accounted for.
- Be aware of servers, bussers, cooks, and interactions amongst the shift, who is working, who is not, attitudes, teamwork etc.
C) Back of the House Ordering/Inventory Management:
Tight and accurate inventory management.
- Completing food orders and arranging delivery with vendors.
- Working with the AM prep cooks to insure that orders are stocked and rotated properly.
- Working with vendors to insure we have proper inventory levels, pricing is correct, and quality is not compromised.
- Reconciling invoices on a weekly basis, watching for deviations in prices charged vs. what was quoted.
- Completing a monthly inventory and updating pricing for an accurate inventory total.
Take phone or customer orders, prepare paperwork, and facilitate catering orders.
- Existing customers, pull log sheet, verify information with customer, if new, fill out “customer information sheet”. Prepare Invoice and review if driver will be needed.
- Print out catering food info for the cooks if catering is for the next day. If not, file in the Binder of “Future Caterings” to be completed later.
Understand management and order entry of POS System
- Understand the POS system, how to find employee information, food products
- Know how to run daily reports
- Training of staff on POS functions pertinent to their jobs.
SCHEDULE: Schedule will fluctuate based on management need, this position will primarily be working pm shifts and responsible for closing the restaurant. A minimum of 35 hours is expected with a maximum not to exceed 48 hours without owner approval, 2 days scheduled off per week.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Quarterly bonuses available
- Paid vacation available
- 401K Matching
- Full health benefits including health, dental and vision insurance